Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hello! I am happy to see so many have posted on this Blog already. It's interesting to read what you have written about yourselves. We are fortunate to have Mary in our class who has the skills to set this up. I hope many more of you will post soon. Thanks to those of you who voiced appreciation for planning the reunion, and thanks to the others who helped find addresses for the mailing---the most time-consuming part: Steve Pfaff, Ken Mika, Diana Fry Pfaff, Ruthie Utsler Smith, Jon Rinehart, Lynne Van Clark, Sue Sorden, and John Criswell.

Off the bat, let me say that I was not able to fulfill my class prophecy: to become a comedienne on the Johnny Carson show. Johnny retired and he never called anyway. Waa! Serially, I am living in Indianola and love it here. A couple years ago my mother moved to The Village retirement community and I bought her home (where I grew up since 5th grade-1959). I work at an insurance company in Des Moines and hope to be there until I retire. My bachelor's degree is in broadcast journalism, so I spent time working at WHO Radio and KCCI-TV in Des Moines, as well as a radio station in Indianola, and newspapers in Indianola & Des Moines. I still do writing, editing and proofreading in my current job, but now I don't have to drive home after the 10 o'clock news or make it to the station in a snowstorm! Looking forward to seeing you all at the reunion August 3!