Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dear All,

I never imagined that I would live in Indianola, Iowa, again. I certainly didn't think that I would have two sons graduate from Indianola High School or have a son who attended Irving School in the SAME room where my first teacher was Mrs. Downey (she lived across the street from Jim Mikulanec "back in the day"). One very nice, and also unexpected, outcome has been that our youngest son, Dan, and John Criswell's son, Tom, were friends from the fourth grade through graduation. They were both swimmers in high school so we saw John and Chris lots, too. Both Dan and Tom are now at the U of Iowa. Our oldest son, Christopher, is married and living in Des Moines.

Mac and I have gone from Iowa City to Buffalo, NY, to Chicago, back to Indianola, to Cedar Falls, to Missouri, to Des Moines, to Champaign, IL, and back to Indianola again.

I have written employee publications; I served on the admission staffs at Simpson and Drake for a combined 20 years; I did a stint with the Career Services Staff at Simpson -- and for the last six years I have had my own Web site business.

I love working independently -- not the least of which is that I don't have to go to never-ending meetings. I still have meetings with clients about their sites -- but they are usually one-on-one, really enjoyable gatherings.

Greetings to all who won't be able to attend this year. I'll see the rest of you soon!

Mary C. MacKenzie