Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A SMILE TO LIGHT UP THE WORLD

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

When I think of Patti Ashbaugh, I think of her SMILE! It could light up a room. She may have been small in size; I actually think petite is the more politically correct way to put it, but her smile was larger than life, and oh so genuine!

Others from the class of 1967 have reminisced about our Bluebird days. Yes, I do remember those days fondly. I remember going to Patti's farm, and I was one of the BRAVE ones who actually rode the horse!

Since leaving Indianola in 1967, I have probably only seen Patti a handful of times at our class reunions. I know I can speak for the entire class of 1967 when I say we were blessed to have our paths cross hers in this life. And in looking at her life's work, the children of Missouri and beyond have been blessed to have such an advocate working on their behalf.

My heartfelt sympathies to Gary and her children and the rest of Patti's family. I am sure she was the very best wife, partner, friend, mother and grandmother that one could ask for. Cherish your memories of this very special person.

Diane Mathias Potter