Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hello to all!
It has been an interesting 40 years. 3 Marriages and 4 children all grown and having babies of their own. WOW! I have lived in Iowa and Nebraska and back to Iowa. I worked for Farm Bureau Insurance in Omaha for 15 years after raising my children. Then retired and moved to Marne, IA. Husband Arnie retired from Omaha Public Power District and now makes metal art sculptures as a hobby. Maybe you've seen the pheasants along I-80 between Omaha & DesMoines. I enjoy rubber stamping yard work, flower beds, quilting and my grandchildren. We have one daughter in Shelby, IA with 3 sons, one daughter in Sumter, SC with 2 cats, one son in Omaha with 2 dogs and 1 cat, and one son at Terceira, Azores, Portugal with one son and one on the way. The ones in SC and Terceira are both in the Air Force and married to Air Force as well.
Since moving to Marne, I have gotten involved in our little community and keep busy with voluteering for community club events. Our 4th of July celebration is quite extraordinary for a town of 150 people. I started a quilting club here as well. Arnie loves creating his metal art and can & will make anything anyone wants. He has made grave markers as well as indoor art.
Looking forward to seeing everyone this coming weekend.
Donna (Conn) Jirsa