Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Can anyone else believe it's been 40 yrs!!!!!!! Seems like just yesterday. Our oldest granddaughter graduated this year so that seems even worse. I work for IPERS and will have been here 29 years this July so I can retire next year if I want. I really like my job tho so plan to keep working until I don't. Believe it or not, I travel around the state talking to people about retirement and do presentations about IPERS. Can't remember who my speech teacher was but I'll bet they'd be real surprised to hear that. Karl and I have 3 kids and 5 grandchildren (the youngest was born 2 weeks ago today). They all live around here so we see them regularly. Karl has been retired for 5 years. We own property at Lake Thunderhead, Missouri so we spend most week-ends there during the warm months. We moved to Milo last summer after living in Indianola for 43 years. That was quite a change but small town living is okay. Not an exciting life but good. I'm looking forward to the next 40. Hope lots of people contribute to this as it will be good to catch up on how everyone's doing.

Pam (Cooper) Bachof